Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Control P won't print
Post Control P won't print 
Hi,

tried to print using ctrlP and it doesn't print. Can't get garden to print in any size but miniscule...whats up? Am I doing something wrong?
thanks
Frank Embarassed

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Printing your vegetable garden 
Rather than trying to figure this out, let me set you up on the alpha program as printing works well in the Version 2.0
I will send you an email when you are setup and how to use the Alpha software

Post I am having the same problem. 
I'd really like to print mine out, but it either prints nothing, or it is miniscule. What can i do?

Barb

Post Thanks 
thanks...

did you set me up on the new app? I didn't get an email in my inbox...that doesn't mean you didn't send it...it means that it might have gone into my bulk folder or junk folder or some other etherworld deathtrap, whilst I am anxiously waiting here for your epitaphs of wisdom. Translation:
I didn't get an email and am not even sure if you sent it yet, but I am waiting.

thanks

you can always try to send it to
thanks Very Happy Laughing

Post New Alpha accounts 
Sorry been sick the last few days and need to get to setting up a few of accounts at the same time.
Hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.
Later,
Roy

Post 2.0 issues 
Hi Roy, I sent this to you as an email, but figured it might have gotten routed to the junk folder...
Thanks. There seems to be some kind of glitch. It doesn't save any changes I make to the garden. When I log off and log back on the changes aren't made. Also when it prints out the garden page, it doesn't print all the vegetables that I have. It arbitrarily skips some.
Great program by the way.

I am going to sign up for the 3 year membership. I like that you added price paid for seeds and stuff so that we can see what I spent on plants/seeds. (That might not be such a good idea if Deb sees how much I spent...hahhaha)

Let me know how to save I planted a bunch of stuff last night and today and typed it all in, got it to look nice, saved it and went to print and KABOOM...nothing.

I think you have me set up as a visitor because I can't save anything or change anything. Also the comments section is kind of squished together. I entered all my new stuff in and then went to print and it didn't save it...so I am thinking my setup is missing something.
thanks

Post No Saving in the Alpha Version 
There is no saving in this version of the Alpha software. It isn't ready for that.
I will look into why you have some items not printing that seems pretty strange.

Hopefully this has solved most of your printing problems.

Post No Saving 
Roy,

How do I make changes to my garden? I went back to the 1.22 version, entered a vegetable to see if I could still save from 1.22 and saved it and when I went back to see if changes were being saved on 1.22, to my dismay...they weren't being saved on there either. Apparently, I can't change/save anything at all on my plangarden now.

So what do I need to do to add or make changes to my garden? I planted a bunch of things over the past 2 days and can't add any of them. I can't add anything...I am computer literate, can figure most software out well enough to speak intelligently about it, so if that help ya at all...great. Let me know how I can add/change the garden.

It prints beatifully from the second app!!

Thanks

Frank

Post Sorry for the confussion with the Alpha version 
The Alpha version is an early look at what is coming out.
It is not feature complete and currently not ready for saving.
The database migration is a big change, so changes in the old version are not reflected in the new version without a manual step.
We have ported over 10,000 gardens to test the strength of the database and speed of data retreival.

For people with printing problems, which isn't everyone, the Alpha version offers a good solution.
There will be updates to the Alpha code in the days and weeks ahead as it gets ready for its beta launch.
This is a big change in the system and is a powerful new engine that Plangarden will run on.
If you watch the Alpha thread, you will get notified of the new releases and can watch them.

If you need data ported over to do a new print out, let us know and we will do the conversion.

Thanks,
Roy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1