Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Undo and Redo.
Post Undo and Redo. 
These are new to this version.
There are know issues, but go ahead and post them anyways.
It does not undo ALL actions, but will do actions that modify data. (Edits to plants will be added soon.)

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post day one undo/redo 
It looks like there will be unlimited undo's. I created a plot in layout tab, went back to manage tab, added 4 rhubarb, hid three names, added an area of strawberries in the center of the rhubarb plot, then an area of herbs on top of the strawberries.

Clicking undo twice for each item removed the item (once for the move to the final location and once for the addition from the veggie selector) with the exception of the 4 rhubarbs. The undo moved each of the 4 rhubarbs to the addition point from the veggie selector. Then I had to click on the bottom rhubarb, or last rhubarb added, and click undo for each. Clicking undo one more time took me to the layout tab...which was cool.

Post V 3a Undo 
Very nice I can work with my garden Roy...was feeling guilty working on yours...Smile

First observations for Undo:

clicking Undo after adding a Text block will undo each keystroke/letter. (could we make it so clicking Undo will delete the whole text block?)

I entered one text block then duplicated it, changed the wording. Clicked undo for each letter (and each misspelling) then the text item is sitting just below my Main Compost (upper left hand corner of window)...will not disappear.

Post V 5a Undo 
Still having the issue with undoing text blocks. I'm sure this is a doozy of a code to work on.

I played with the undo for objects and going between Layout and Manage Veg tabs and it works great.

Post 8a Undo 
Undo works well. I've noticed you have to click on the Undo button twice to have the item undone (I don't remember having to do this with previous "A" versions. Once will highlight the button, clicking again will remove the item. This is for objects only. Undoing text still removes each letter in the Garden Obj. menu but will not remove the "text block" from the layout.

Post Undo and Redo. 
I will check this.
When you pick up an item a message gets fired. I make sure I ignore that message and don't and the event to the undo stack.
Then when it is moved, then it should fire the event.
If you click and select it and it moves, even one pixel, then you may see this type of behavoir, but I am betting that something got messed up in the code and I need to fix it.
Thanks!!! These are the types of things that I really need to know about since I often focus on the few features and don't go back and recheck everything on each release.

Post 8a Undo 
Hey there Roy...been out of the loop for the last couple of weeks with Relay for Life and starting a new job. Was just playing around. I placed two objects in Layout mode,
resized them by back spacing in dimension field to change size,
then undid everything.

Noticed that when I clicked Undo, it was undoing each typing I did; for instance...after selecting a circle, the default size was 8.33 ft radius. I click after the last three, back space and change the size to 15 ft radius. When I click undo, it will undo each "keystroke" or "back space" I did...8...decimal...3...3...hence, I had to click undo 8 times to have the circle removed (as in previous post, clicking undo twice to have the action completed).

The same was true for a rectangle.

Post Undo and Redo 
I haven't changed the functionality of those yet, just talked about it.
It has always been single event undo and redo. It just takes a little work to put in what you (and I) want.
Version 2.09 is out which was a big gap between releases, but now has most of the functionality.
Off to working on saving and loading of plots.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1