Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Basic interaction
Post Re: moving menu 
loftyes wrote:
I just had that happen Gardenlady...I thought it was me, the click and run bandit Embarassed but I clicked again and the menu stopped following me. I then moved it "carefully" to where I wanted it and it worked just fine

Whew! You have no idea how glad I am that happened to someone else. I was afraid it was going to be one of those mysterious things that only happened to me. You know, like your car making a weird noise, you go to the mechanic, and the noise mysteriously is absent until you're about a mile away from said mechanic. Smile

Post 7a interaction 
I was just playing, basic interaction is OK. The only thing that is still a "little hinkey" is switching between tabs I'm still getting the veggie info & selector menus on the layout tab and having to click on the greyed out garden obj button to bring up that menu.

Ex. On Layout tab, setting up plots. go to Manage Vegies Tab.
place some veggies, go back to Layout.
veggie menus visible but no garden obj. menu. have to click on greyed G.O. button twice to have it appear.
Go back to Manage Veg. tab, place veggie, return to Layout, veggie menus still visible.
However, if I go to Daily Log, then return to Layout, veggie menus are gone and so is G.O. menu. Have to click on button for menu to appear.

Maybe make the menu visible as a default???

Garden Obj. button is always grey regardless if menu is visible or not. Button works...it's just greyed out

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
I'm trying to play with 7a but all of the print is so small that I can barely see it - and I have my glasses on. The tabs, radio buttons and drop downs at the top are minute and the printing on the open menu windows is almost so small as to be incomprehendable to me.

Is there some way to increase the size of the tabs, etc on top and then make the menu windows resizable so I can read them?

Post Font size. 
Is this smaller than when it was fixed?
Can you send me a screen capture of the page, I want to see what you are seeing.

Thanks,Roy

I sent you a screen shot, Roy. I hope it helps you understand what I'm seeing.

Post Screen size 
Resizing all the fonts is trick, because it also changes spacing and would require lots of testing.

One thought as I think about this would be to allow you to scale the ENTIRE application.
That would give you the option to make everything larger.
People that want more garden on the screen would be happy too.

I will double check, but I don't think anything has changed and the screen capture looks like what I would expect.

You can try making your browser larger as the application is set to rescale down if there is not enought space for it.

GREAT FEEDBACK. Anything that makes me think and look for creative solutions is what I am looking for.

I'm already at 800 x 600 so I don't think I can make the screen any larger.

Glad I could challenge you!

Post 8A interaction 
you've been a busy bee Roy. Just tested the Garden Obj window and it's appearing as a default on the Layout tab...excellent.

I've noticed when I go back to Manage Veggies, the Veggie Select and Info menus are closed with their corresponding buttons greyed out (no biggie...). You then have to click on the respective button twice to have the menu open; however, the buttons remain greyed out. May cause confusion to end user.

Post Windows that don't behave 
Yes, this is one I am aware of.
I haven't put in all the code to manage these yet. It is not hard, and I should try to get to this in the next release or two.
Right now I am close to releasing another version since the main features of the Daily Log are all working (a few small bits of clean up need to be done. And I am working on getting aleast the framework of the Harvest Log working, then I will release.

Post Windows 
the windows seem to be working fine...again, you've been a busy guy Roy Smile. I'm lookin forward to playing with the daily log and the harvest log.

Load time is still the same and basic interaction is going as planned.

On a lighter note...I'm almost done planting everything in the garden. Discovered a handy use of the Harvest/Removed function in the current version. Will post it in the Shared Garden forum.

Have a great Holiday weekend!!!

Post 9A Harvest and Daily logs 
Was playing around this morning and was able to add an entry box in Daily log but couldn't type anything. Tried to add an additional entry and nothing happened.

In the Harvest log, was only able to get the Qty pop up to appear. Tried clicking on different quantities but alas...nothing happened.

Post Vegetable alpha 9a 
Thanks for the input. I will use your garden to see what is going on.
Both those features work, and the only possible way they won't work is if they throw an expection (error reporting there is a bit weak).
I will see if I can get some fixes either into your garden so you can play more and/or get fixes into 10a.
10a will include SAVE.
SAVE was the item I held until near the end so people wouldn't be saving data and use the alpha software as their main garden software.

Regards,
Roy

Post 9A Harvest and Daily logs 
No problem Roy...

Played with the Harvest log again this am...was able to add a couple of harvests, scroll thru my list of veggies (couldn't do this yesterday, forgot to mention that) but was not able to enter a quantity...little by little it's coming together.

Didn't play with the Daily Log again...but noticed that it automatically adds an entry for the current day...really like that!

Here's a thought I had, well actually two for the Harvest log Smile...

One, is it possible for the software to automatically add to the Harvest log when you mark an item Harvested/Removed on the Plant Info window? Then the person to access their log, see the harvest icon for that item and enter their quantity.

Second, in the current version, 1.21, when you mark an item Harvested/Removed on the Plant info window, it will dim the item on your garden. In the Alpha version, the item is actually removed. Can we keep the dimming effect OR have two options; Harvested will dim the item and Removed will actually remove the item...like I said, just a thought Cool

I really like the dimming effect in 1.21, like I mention in the Shared Garden forum.

Major Kudos for the harvest display options (year, quarter...) really like this new feature!!!

Post Harvest Dim 
Harvest dim works fine.
You will find it under Options -> Preferences.

Some of the things that work one day and not the next are simply where it throws an excetion or not. It is still the same version.
I am seeing these issues too, and they can be fixed in an upcoming release.

Post Trail off from my other post Roy.... 
Hello....found this thread and it seemed like the correct place to correspond on these subjects so you can delete my other thread if you'd like....

Hopped on this morning and started the garden again in 2.00 16b (upper right hand corner as you suggested)....did some saving tests to see how it would go this time and it saves now but when I go back in it has all my shapes collected neatly in the upper left hand corner Very Happy

It does let me save though. I don't have to start from scratch....just re-place my shapes where they were before. I haven't put text and labeling in the mix yet....I'll try that when I get home.

Have a super day gardeners!
Amy

Reply to gardening topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next