Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Basic interaction
Post Basic interaction 
Lots of work has been done to make sure you have visual cues as to what is going on.
If they don't work, or if you have suggestions let us know.
This can be subjective, so not all ideas will be implimented.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Options button 
I like the various options now offered on this button Roy, not only accessing the preferences for the software, but the ability to access the website, forums, my account...Being somewhat of a computer geek, I really like the bounce effect and the extended menu.

I also like how an item will "highlight" olive green when your mouse passes over. This will be helpful when you have several items grouped close together and want to select a particular one.

So far, I don't have any issues with the alpha. Of course, I'd like to have the selection option we talked about in the Enhancements area (selection box or even the ability to Shift+click to select items) but will wait patiently. I'll continue to play.

Post Options button 
it was me again, i keep getting logged off while writing. I go back and forth between this and the alpha... Embarassed

Post V 3a 
Pulled up my garden, text that was entered in Layout Tab was light green. Not sure if this was due to the transition to V3a.

May want to make text default to black at first and let user change themselves.

Some issues with delete...could be still in the works.

Delete doesn't work on Text blocks. Moves the item to the upper left corner (see my garden)

Delete works on plot objects. Clicking undo will bring the object back but you can't move object.

Duplicating works on text and objects but you can't move the items.

You'll see I added a "Fruit Bushes" area below the 2nd Compost area and a Brick/Bottle Patio while testing...will let you know what else I find.

My biggest problem is I'm having trouble reading such small menus and the small print. I wear glasses for reading but not for computer work.

I did have a little trouble with delete but maybe it's because I couldn't really see which button I was clicking. I did highlight the item then hit the delete key on my keyboard. That worked fine.

Love the drop down menus for moving around the site. Much more convenient.

I added a small salad garden and a row of raspberries. I wasn't able to get a drop down on the variety of raspberries. I also had trouble with the calendar when I wanted to change the plant date. I opened the drop down calendar and had to click on the right arrow several times to get the month to advance. Once I got the month advanced I had no more problems with selecting a date.

Post V 3a Objects 
Was playing around this morning and had a hard time adding objects. Was able to add 2 or 3 different shapes, then I couldn't create any more. I had to click on an existing shape in original garden design(white pine triangle) to highlight, then click a new shape for it to be created. Seems to be working fine now.

Also...just noticed that I no longer have to click on Login..YIPPEE!!! Just hitting Enter logs you in. It's the little things in life that make me happy Cool

Post Zoom/Pan alpha 
I'm really liking the ability to enter what size I want to zoom in or out instead of using the slider. Right now I enter .6 and click the Reset button to reposition the screen and there's the garden with space to work on new additions.

The gal that had the PC & Mac at home and having "lost" her garden on the Mac will like this feature.

Post Layout items 
Here's another thought. On the manage veg tab when you move your mouse over a veggie, row or area, it will highlight so you know what you're selecting. Can we do the same thing on the Layout Tab? I was just trying to add "lines" signifying drip irrigation and had a difficult time trying to select the duplicated item. Creating a new line was no issue, just duplicates...just a thought.

Another thing on duplicating...
I noticed that when duplicating some shapes, you can't select the duplicate...OR if I duplicated a shape in my original garden (white pine triangle), the duplicate appeared behind. I was only able to see the duplicate because of the handles, resized to move it, then resized it to original shape.

Post Highlighting 
I see you've been a busy guy Roy Smile

The highlighting of objects on Layout Tab works GREAT!!! I had no problem selecting my lines for the drip irrigation. Muchos Gracias Senor.

Duplicating is working nicely. Duplication of an "original" garden shape now brings it to the front of the original for easy movement.

Deleting is working nicely with objects but still having an issue with deleting text boxes.

Post Deleting Text boxes 
Your not suppose to be able to delete text boxes. They are meant to stay forever.
Ok, I tried. It is hard to sell that as a feature.
In the next version or two I will look at that.

nice try guy Wink You almost had me (considering I'm a blonde, I can be rather gullable Smile )

I just noticed one thing, not sure if it's just because we're testing. Sometimes when I go to Layout, the Manage Veggies menus are showing (Plant Info, Selector, Pan). The Garden Objects button will be greyed out but you can click on it to bring that menu up. Took me a few minutes to figure this one out the first time it happened.

I'm having trouble with the menus following my mouse curser around. A few days ago I clicked on the top of a menu to move it out of my way and it just danced around following my mouse curser until I clicked on it again.

Is that supposed to happen?

Just had a menu following my curser around again. It's the menu where you can select the variety of the veggie.

Post moving menu 
I just had that happen Gardenlady...I thought it was me, the click and run bandit Embarassed but I clicked again and the menu stopped following me. I then moved it "carefully" to where I wanted it and it worked just fine

Post Mischievious Menus 
I think I know what you are describing.
It is probably when the mouse goes outside the display region or you unclick when on another item.
I think there is an easy fix for this, but it requires a lot of testing.
If you can live with this for a while, I will focus on finishing some of the undo features and move to get the other tabs working.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next